Friday, February 15, 2013

The Road to New Orleans

After a night in Nashville, I've made my way to Lynchburg. Home of Jack Daniel's. I got in around 10am, decided to take the tour, that started around 11:30, and was back on the road at 1pm. I used my free time earlier to explore Lynchburg square. Spoke with locals, learned a lot. I would say racial tensions exist on a very subtle level. However, I think it might be comparable to south African politics that way. Southern folk from what I have seen are delightfully wonderful people. Warm, talkative, animated... The accents are charming.



After the distillery, I made my way towards new Orleans. I'm still on the road, about 5 hours away.

I'm drunk on bourbon street. I had two " hand grenade's" and a jack and coke. I'm fucked. It is a lot of fun though. I haven't been this drunk in a very long time. I wish Katja were alive. She'd have enjoyed spending time with me in this context. What a great girl she was. I am super fucked. I love new Orleans!

I accept that my love life is dead. I don't want it to be, but that's reality. I'm a loser. I am. I had the perfect woman, and now she's dead. What can I do to fix that... Nothing. And that is okay. I've had a lot of fun. But to be honest... I'm so bored...

Okay. I lied. I am so drunk, I can't make rational decisions. I think this was a good experience in terms of the French quarter and bourbon street... But otherwise, I am going to wake up with a huge hangover.

I understand that my dead girlfriend will impact my life forever. I do want a new healthy relationship with a great woman. But if I can't get laid in new Orleans... Then I am screwed.



No comments:

Post a Comment