Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Road Ahead

I'm not sure what lies ahead for me. I don't know what to expect from this adventure west. I am afraid. Yet, I shouldn't be. I've been more reckless than this in the past. Traveling to Europe without a second thought, not really budgeting or planning things out. So what makes this trip any different? A car? Winter? Or the sheer distance?

I have managed to wake up at a reasonable time this morning, but don't quite know what to do with the time I have now. A shower is in order, but then what? Grocery shopping perhaps. Packing! Yes! I'll shower and then I will pack for the move. Then it will be lunch time, and then I can get groceries.

So it's noon now, and my plan was executed well. I packed probably half my things! It's lunch time now, and I'm not sure what to have. Eating at a restaurant is tempting. Panera, a sushi place... But I have to be disciplined with my money. I can go to Panera and have a single meal for $15, or buy 12-14 veggie burger patties that'll last about two weeks for the same price. I can go to Johnny rockets and eat a hot dog and fries for $10, or buy those ingredients and cook at home for the same price. That is actually what I will do for lunch. Done!

Okay, I bought grocery store sushi instead. Visited mom, got her food. Ran errands for work.

Work was slower than usual. It came and went. Tomorrow, I have to run more errands. Then I'll work that day and have Monday and Tuesday off. I read up on the north west and I am excited by it. I'm considering settling out west perhaps. I have no idea what the heck to do with my life. Now I have two weeks or so to figure out what to do! Ugh.



No comments:

Post a Comment